What’s Happening in Central PA for St. Patricks’s Day?
Even if you’re not of Irish heritage, you can -and should!- celebrate March 17. Below are some of our favorite central PA events that give you a chance to proudly wear your green:
- Set aside time to watch the Harrsiburg St. Patrick’s Day parade.This year, it’s scheduled for Saturday, March 19.
- Downtown York is having its own St. Patrick’s Day parade. St. Patrick’s Day parade on Saturday, March 12.
- Looking for a fun night out with friends? Several places in downtown Harrisburg including the Susquehanna Ale House, Bourbon Street Saloon and Mulligan’s Irish Pub (of course!) are offering specials and parties on Thursday, March 17.
- Cumberland Crossroads Diakon Senior Living in Carlisle is offering a demo of Irish food and dancing on Friday, March 11. Registration is required.
- Also on Friday, March 11, Fort Hunter Park’s “Tales for St. Patrick’s Day” will be led by storytellers from the Susquehanna Storytellers Guild. Stories are friendly for audiences of every age.
- Want to run in celebration of St. Paddy’s Day? Join the 5K Irish Jig Jog on Saturday, March 12, in Silver Spring Township.
- On Friday, March 18, the Hershey Theatre presents “Rhythm in the Night: The Itrish Dance Spectacular” Twenty world-renowned Irish dancers make up the ensemble of this entertaining extravaganza.
- The Shamrock Shuffle 5K and Fun Run is set for Sunday, March 20, in Hampden Township. All ages are welcome.
- The Midtown Scholar is hosting a talk by teh Carraig School of Irish Dance on Saturday, March 26.