In the summer, many families tackle specific home repairs that are more easily addressed during the warmer months. Seven of the top ones we hear about most often include:
- Basement waterproofing. Plenty of central PA homes are more than 40 years old. The older they are, the more susceptible their foundations can be to moisture build-up and issues like weeping tiles or pooling water (especially after heavy rains.)
- Installation of new roofs. A roof cannot repair itself, and summer seems to be one of the best times of the year to invest in an updated version.
- Driveway crack repairs. The freeze-thaw cycles that happen each year take a toll on driveways, paths and walkways. Cracks begin to develop over time and have to addressed sooner or later!
- Deck maintenance. A patio or deck is definitely an asset, but it has to be maintained. Even if it’s made from materials that require no staining, it’s critical to ensure it’s still safe to use as well as clean.
- Window maintenance. Need new windows or screens? Summer is a great time to take the plunge and make purchases. You may be eligible for tax credits next year depending on what you buy. (Ask your accountant for more information!)
- Split ductless air conditioning system installations. Many homeowners are discovering the value of a split ductless air conditioning system. This allows them to turn their homes into “zoned” areas and avoid cooling rooms that aren’t regularly used.
- Gutter cleaning. It’s not a fun or glamorous job, but it’s one that has to be done! No one wants to incur the expense associated with a clogged drain or overflowing gutters.
As always, feel free to contact us if we can help in any way! We love to assist our customers in making their houses more pleasant places to live.