Get the Advantage of Ceiling Fans
As you’ve probably already noticed, some homes have ceiling fans, and others do not. If yours is without ceiling fans, you may want to consider having one or more installed. Even if you have central air conditioning, a ceiling fan can be a huge benefit. Check out some of the advantages to adding ceiling fans throughout your central PA residence:
- You can better control the air flow in your home. Remember in science class when you learned that hot air rises? This means that in the wintertime, the warm air that’s blowing out of your ductwork goes straight to the ceiling. However, you can push it back down into the living area of the room using the ceiling fan.
- You can make rooms feel more comfortable in the summer. Although fans won’t actually change the temperature in your home during the summer, they can make it seem cooler because of the constant breeze. This can lead to less temptation to fiddle with the thermostat.
- You can save money on your energy bills. Again, this goes back to perception. If you feel like your home is warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer, you will be happy keeping the temperature at a moderate amount. Over time, this leads to lowered utility bills and more savings for you.
- You may be able to attract more bidders when you sell your home. Some home buyers actively look for properties with already-installed ceiling fans, especially if they are attractive and newer models. Remember that ceiling fans vary in materials used, sizes and shapes, so there is sure to be one to fit your preferred style.
- You can add a light to a ceiling fan and have it do “double duty” in a darker room. Not all ceiling fans have light attachments, but if you want to brighten a space, why not upgrade your current ceiling fan to one with a light?
When you’re ready to get the benefits of having ceiling fans in your bedrooms, living room, family room, kitchen or other space, give SECCO Home Services a call. We are happy to help our neighbors from cities like Harrisburg, Hershey, Camp Hill and Mechanicsburg.