Is Your Furnace Ready For Winter?
The warmer months are officially over and we are moving into winter! Is your home furnace prepared? Don’t wait until a particularly chilly day to turn on your furnace, only to find that something isn’t working!
Your furnace should be maintained regularly and if you haven’t had it checked in a while, now would be the time to schedule an appointment.
Here are some things you can do to prepare your furnace for the cold:
- Check and change your filters regularly.
- Switch your thermostat from cooling to heating mode.
- Make sure burners are free of debris and dust.
- Check that all heating vents are uncovered and unobstructed.
- Remove any items stored near the furnace, particularly anything that might catch fire.
Added tip: Switch out your window screens for storm windows (what’s the point of having a perfectly working heating system if you’re just letting all the warm air seep out?).